Thursday 17 November 2011

Plus Size...

I've thought about writing this for  while but declined the urge. Now I'm ready...
I recently read a piece of writing on this topic and it got me thinking, I face similar judgments, remarks and glances...
Apart from the obvious fact that we are created differently, our metabolism also work differently.
The Beautiful Monique!!


All my life I've had people, strangers even tell me I need to exercise a little more(without knowing my routine), eat less (not knowing my diet) and loose that weight....hmmmm. I thought the fact that all the while they knew me to be the same is supposed to be indication that I was created plus size...not that I haven't tried to loose it... While I work at staying healthy, I'm fabulously me!!
Many plus size people I know have had their share of such judgmental statements....My advise, if you don't have self confidence or the urge to feel good about yourself, even getting the body people think you must have won't give you that confidence or happiness..

And while most plus size people get it genetically (being prone to becoming over weight ) others indulge and gain it (even this group were at a time prone to weight gain)... The question I have is, what then is a proper size?? who set it? most people even get compared to magazine cover model (not fair I'd say, alot of them eat any and everything but remain small...its the metabolism)
I'd rather that the emphasis be on ones health and well being..

I know plus size people who are healthier than alot of the magazine cover looking people... it's true...God made us differently so when He looks down He sees variety..how boring the world would be if we were all plus size or thin even..

Even Doctors are guilty of discriminatory statements too...imagine visiting a dentists and throughout the session endure his talk on how you need to loose weight not remembering to ask about your routine or life style decisions..

Recently in the US, plus size yoga classes are springing up....members say, most regular yoga classes don't address the needs of plus size people.. others say, they can relate to each other with out feeling too embarrassed to participate.
Plus size yoga

Plus size people are discriminated against and faced with psychological issues daily most of whom develop eating disorders in a bid to please everyone else.

Recent research reveal that, plus size women are more discriminated against than plus size men...even family and friends are guilty of pushing people to extreme depression...while they permit the men to have bulging pot bellies, the woman should be as thin as air... most plus size people live their lives without approval or acceptance by family..


Don't get me wrong, I'm not indulging overweight people who just splurge on food and any craving as a sign of enjoyment..... but because some of us were create bigger than others doesn't make us all gluttons..
I exercise and try to eat right, portions isn't an issue cos those who know me are amazed at how I eat but remain plus size...
exercise session

Well, I said my bit, waiting the shouts of ''crucify her''. My point is, those sleazy remarks we make about peoples size do more harm than the intended good, if you have to make a comment think of how it affects the hearer and what help you can give...............
To all my fabulous people keep it real and stay healthy!!!!....................................rbg

No comments:

Post a Comment