Tuesday 26 March 2013

ATM palaver !!!

I used to be an advocate even marketer for them; I lured everyone in my house to believe in them, I even went the extend of defending their minor mess-ups (or so I thought) then i get slammed.
with all that has happened in Nigeria's banking sector and technological advancement, one would expect that certain things never occur or be cut to the barest; well I was shocked, I'm still shocked.

Ok, I operate like 3 different banks (as a matter of personal choice) 2 for saving and one a spending account (you know just to have some order in my life).

In 2011 I needed an ATM replacement for one of the cards, I walk into a branch of the Bank (not my main branch o) and in 15 minutes I had it in my hands. So silly me, thinking other banks (especially my beloved) would be in that phase I waited till the month my GT card was expiring and made a request for the already produced card to be sent to my base.

It has taken 5 weeks (..and counting) for one card to be transfered from Bauchi to Abuja, the latest I heard was, the card was transfered (on an unconfirmable date) but not received and I had to pay (again) for another to be produced (how incompetent) I had to pay twice for someone's mess.
 I came back to the office lamenting after an hour of loitering the banking hall and my colleague had been experiencing similar issues with another GT branch (ATM issues)he was also making the not so tough choice of leaving the bank (which I'm still considering).

In this long wait I have had to call GTconnect like 3 times (sorry to say, the people on the other end of the line don't know what they are doing) nothing, absolutely nothing came of it even after wasting valuable air time. I even met several customers at the bank who were debited (some today others as far back as January) and the money is yet to be returned; I heard one of the ladies who happened to be visiting Abuja say, ''they just lots a customer''... what hope do I have...ehn, and to think someone will be rude to me and even roll their eyes as I make my case, they expect one to just be calm (there goes my order...so much for 3 accounts)

I'm tired of how incompetent people are at discharging their duties leaving others to suffer the consequences......this continues in 8 working days Lets see how this plays out(it will be about 2months plus when I eventually get the card).


No comments:

Post a Comment