Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hair, health et al...


at the very start...

In the last few months (maybe a while longer :D) I have said nothing about my natural hair journey and as I have come to find out, (I must say) each day comes with it's peculiarities but, I haven't had to regret the choices I've made.

My first few months of going natural was rough (as with most new things) and there was little or no encouragement (something I tried preparing for). I recently realized  I just got use to the stares and 'not so silent' remarks people made about my hair, kindda made me feel special :D
Some were good others bad and some, outright disrespectful...(well everyone has their opinion)
Then there are those counting down to when I relax the hair (as if I have complained to them...)
my mantra...

What I do now is maintain a routine I can handle, try to block out the bad comments and watch the hair grow.

Valentine day 2013
Shea butter has got common place in my routine as well as extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil mayonnaise (sounding like a pantry...) like me, I'm sure you'll realize the healthiest hair regimes are better with natural products.
Wash day is always exciting, the smell of fresh pressed lime, the feel of mayonnaise on my hair and the final gratification I get from knowing that I can just wash and go..

Health and weight loss have been another priority on my list of things to do. my rude awakening came after I saw people shed weight, some might have used artificial aids (teas and other stuff) I desired the result but didn't want to use artificial means, making a life style change was a better option...now I know and think differently; besides the need to build more body confidence and feel good, I need to keep fit and stay healthy.

The next couple of weeks will be filled with breaking sweat (making the most of the hot weather too :D) I may stumble here and there, but I'm motivated to make it work this time..really make it work. I may not have cheerleaders, I am my own motivation!!!
So watch this space...follow me in the next few weeks and lets see where this takes me...

As the health fight begins; I hope the results will be as pleasant as my hair has been...I'm glad now I can say without mincing words that I have a head full of hair :D
Oh....for those who care to know, I'm not relaxing my hair soon, not in a number of years hahahha

No comments:

Post a Comment