Monday 30 January 2017

Wanda's Tale Episode 4


A Friendship is born?

Jude had two carryover courses and unlike before, he now had reason to attend the lectures more frequently, Wanda had become his new obsession and the two had become somewhat comfortable and a harmless visit to room C-14 didn’t look like a bad idea. 
Oiza in her usual fashion had reservations…”Wanda you know what they say about C block boys; don’t say I didn’t warn you”..A puzzled Wanda had stumbled on some Maya Angelou literature recently and she felt the need to express herself…”Babe, why box the guy in a stereotypical description…because he stays on a block doesn’t make him akin to the behavioural pattern dominant there”…All this English, Wanda, don’t say I didn’t warn you sha”. 

“it seems you don’t have friends?” Wanda’s question seemed like a concern even though she tried to coat it.. This had “RED FLAG” written all over it but the butterflies in her stomach didn’t leave much room for thoughts.
“I like my sanity”; “trust me I’ve had friends on this campus and in three years none has proven worthy”.. “your royal majesty or should I say your royal flyness” both caught a laugh and Jude took the opportunity to cup a feel of her breast. 
“AH!!!” “please, I’m not that kind of..” he didn’t even let her finish “I’m sorry, I slipped, I ehmmmm, I’m sorry”. Now they could barely make eye contact and the tiny room felt more like a cubicle, she was running out of breath.. “ I have to go”. The C-block stereotype wasn’t a lie after all… 

“but I said I was sorry, I really am” Wanda was already on her feet and in all honesty she didn’t mind that he had felt her up she just didn’t want to appear easy. Since she started it, she intended to continue with the charade until she knew for sure who this guy truly was.
Few weeks ago Jude was a figure in the University census as far as she was concerned; now, he intrigued her and his mystic appearance didn’t make it easy. Even he knew he was a catch but what was it to him? Wanda knew there was more and she was keen on finding out. She quietly had a thing for ‘bad boys”, now that Jude was looking like one, he seemed all the more her type…..hmmmmmm

“ I’ll walk you out then, I apologise I didn’t mean to embarrass you or make you uncomfortable”
now Wanda was feeling bad and in her head she thought “…me sef, and this guy is a gentleman oh..” as if reading her mind he says “ I insist you go and return whenever you feel comfortable, even I am embarrassed now.” Jude knew he was putting up an act; in another place and time things would be happening, no talking involved…
It was a quiet walk to her hostel and since men weren’t allowed in he knew he had to say something before she disappeared into the night and possibly never speak to him again…just as the noise of the busy commercial area was drowning out he moved closer, leaned in as if to say “good…” the night was muffled in the kiss she gave him, “hmmmm” before he could respond or even get it through his head what just happened, she had slipped through the gate… 
There were no mobile phones then so he knew it would be a long night… 
A shaking Wanda walked briskly “What did I just do?!! what are we now?” her walk was in a bid to avoid the scorpions that could be lurking in the dark and trying to get further away from what she had just done… 

Had Wanda awoken a sleeping dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment