Thursday 11 August 2011

The kinky..

I started a natural hair journey sometime in march this year....i couldn't go through with the BC (big chop) as it's called so I'm transitioning. I'm letting my natural hair out grow the perm..see that's what i'm doing. Alot of you may not understand the natural hair gist, well  women of black decent, African American, Africans can relate to this....we have over the years been made to believe we have bad hair, but relaxers and straightening has left me with more damaged hair than I bargained for..so you see my reason for starting over.

During the transition, one is advised to carry protective hair styles, that prevent breakage...my transition style of choice is the kinky twist outs, the kinky extensions serve as the protective covering to my hair plus i can wear the twist outs for about two months with frequent cleaning....

who said going natural was going to be easy?
well, for all those lovely ladies who like me what to go natural, take the plunge and make a decision today. My BC wil be in December, 8 months into the transition...so i'd be cutting off only about 4 inches of hair...If you are brave and can start with the BC, that's a gud idea cos you can style TWA's (tiny winy Afro's)...plus you get loads of support and tips from youtube, just search for care for natural hair or transition from perm to natural hair..that should do...I'll have the  photo's up in December when I'd be wearing my fro proudly...I'm still unable to add pictures to my posts, any help???
cheers.........rbg

No comments:

Post a Comment