Friday 2 November 2012

Back again!!

It's amazing how long I've been away.
I have so much to say but that will come subsequently. Today, I hope to push those of you who like me have procrastinated or shifted things for later..

Having a blog wasn't the easiest thing in the world. I thought I could google how to run a blog and my troubles would all be over. Don't get me wrong, I did find some helpful tips, but I wasn't prepared for this long time away.(in writing parlance it would be a writers block!)

Ok! The first main tip was; decide what you want to blog about; hmmmm guess I had that covered?!?!! Find a domain name and a web host..I had those covered but......
Some even advised documenting your daily activities or interesting encounters. Well, being between Jobs at the time and constantly home editing videos, I thought I didn't have much to go with. Then I saw this;

''Writing a blog isn’t as time consuming as you may think and so long as you put in the ground work at the beginning and come up with regular content ideas,the website will do a lot of the work for you.'' 
Imagine how bad I must have felt...well my ordeal over, I decided to read the three pager. He went on to talk about content being king and how carving a niche for yourself was good.
If I have wood I sure would carve..
Anyway, I continued to miss blogging and soon I started hearing News of how blog owners were turning-in millions...(I'm yet to fully understand how, but will keep you updated!)
Then another site said, tell stories....as if that was easier. Then the other information I was gathering got blurry, I got really tired from all the reading on how to run a successful blog that I forgot to Blog.

Recently, infact just 3 days ago I finished reading an amazing book ''How stupidity changed my life'' by Okechukwu Ofili. I read lots of Nigerian authors, but none stuck to me like he did. The two words that got me thinking and back into this were: JUST WRITE!! This was Ofili's answer to the question, how do you write? After months of wondering how to run a blog and spending countless moments online reading up how to, all I needed were two words that sounded stupid to the first hearer, Just write.
For me, i'd paraphrase, I'm sure Mr Ofili wont mind my saying JUST BLOG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment